Wednesday, July 01, 2009

13 1/2 weeks



So the belly pictures begin...mostly for my friends and family who aren't close to watch me grow. :) I've always had a "pooch" but Tim says it's obviously a baby bump now.

I had another doctor's appointment this morning. Nothing groundbreaking...heard the heartbeat, which doc says is nice and strong around 150's. Now that my nausea is *fingers crossed* slowing down, everything has become a lot more enjoyable. Doctor said at one point, "This is too easy." I hope it stays that way! So far, God has been so amazing and given us nothing but better-than-great news at every appointment and ultrasound so we're praying that it continues that way. We've seen the baby move early on, and even been able to identify all developing anatomy (like in the picture from last post). In early August, we'll have a "formal" ultrasound (I suppose I should dress up?) and hopefully be able to determine the sex of the baby!

In the meantime, I'm doing my best to eat as many fresh fruits and veggies as I can and take naps whenever my body tells me it just...can't...go...on. I am so thankful that the timing worked out for me to be off of school during the "ugh" part of pregnancy. God sure has His hand in every detail of this little one's life.

Tim and I are headed back up to Michigan this weekend to Grand Rapids, where we'll spend a long weekend celebrating our 2nd anniversary and attending a conference put on by Rob Bell. I'm sure it'll be a relaxing and challenging weekend, but nonetheless...the first vacation we've taken by ourselves since our honeymoon. Probably the last in awhile, too! :)

God bless you all. Love and miss you dearly.

p.s. thanks to nicole for my super cute new maternity shirt! :)

2 comments:

  1. aw, court...this pic just makes me miss being around you! I'm really glad you were able to be out of school during the yucky part of pregnancy. be sure to tell us how the rob bell conference goes, I'm WAY jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for keeping us posted! you know how much we need pictures! :)love you!

    ReplyDelete