Sunday, June 03, 2007

i can hear the fife and drums...



anxious to get back home, i thought this post appropriate.

these pictures are from downtown historic yorktown beach. the first picture is a shot of the shops along the beach including the new ice cream parlor and the local pub. the sunsets along this beach are to die for, and the fishing pier just aways down puts you in the path of some incredibly interesting locals.

the second one is the victory monument, where the langley air force orchestra proudly takes its place every july 4th and creates music that would give any american goosebumps. i'm sad to say i'll miss another virginia july 4th this year-we'll be on our honeymoon. yeah, shucks.

i've gotta say that i really think i do live in one of the coolest places on the mid-eastern coast. right in the middle of the "historic triangle" as they call it, we are close to williamsburg, jamestown, and of course, yorktown. we've lived here the last 9 years, and it's where tim and i will be heading back to. it's got character, for sure. battlefields, military posts, the largest naval harbor in the country, beautiful historic buildings, etc. i can't get enough. and i'm only two weeks away from heading back for more.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, Court! I like history. Maybe instead of going to your wedding I'll check out the scenery while I'm out there...joking! After you and Tim live there for a year you should move to another awesome place - Nashville, In. You know you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the heat!

    remember when we went down there one time and it was deathly hot. So hot that we kept going in dumb stores just to get out of the sun. I remember refusing to go the short way because we had to walk like 10 feet in the sunlight. I also remember picking up a long stalk of grass that I kept touching your ear with and you thought it was a bug until like my third swipe, then I kept doing it after you knew it was me and you got pissed. you turned around and said, "JAKE!!!" and then just stared at me....ah those were the days. Can we do that at your wedding, for old time sake...?

    ReplyDelete