Thursday, March 27, 2008

hi, i'm courtney and i'm addicted to cutting my hair

okay, so i'm going to admit it now. i can't grow my hair out. i just don't like it. or i get too impatient, i don't know which. tim will be quick to tell you it's the latter, but i think it's just the way i was made. God created me with short hair follicles and the desire for constant change.

*sigh. now that i have that off my chest, i can update you on the last few days, or weeks, or however long it's been since i last posted. i don't have much to post about since i have no job and the weather is still wintery.

tim and i are falling in love with our weimaraner, Angel, more and more every day. she is more like a person than i ever thought a dog could be. of course, we do cruel things like put her in hampers and cover her with blankets and then call her name to see if she remembers where the walls are, but....our kids will do that one day, so she needs fair warning. we're really just amused by her cleverness and love her to pieces. i learned tonight just how much she hates the rain. i took her outside to use the bathroom, and instead of just doing her thing and going inside real quick, she crawled under our deck and sat there staring at me. now I'M standing in the rain and yelling at the deck (what our neighbors see). she is still terrified of getting in her kennel when we leave, and she's learned that shoes don't indicate good things for her. she actually ran away from tim today when he told her to kennel, and it was a teeny tiny glimpse of what kids will be like. he reacted like any dad and, of course, i just watched and went "oooooooohhhhh!!!" like a kid in the first grade.

i interviewed to start substitute teaching (FINALLY)earlier this week, and then visited 7 different schools to hand in resumes and try to talk to principals. i must've had a sign that read, "I'M TRYING TO GET A JOB" on my forehead because none of the principals were available, oddly enough. i'll try another handful or so tomorrow, and remember to remove the sign.

tim and i are getting really involved in our new youth ministry here, and i think i almost saw his head explode the other day it was so full of new ideas. we like to call these first few months "Information Overload". we're really pumped about the changes we're going to be making to our youth service like adding tons of different elements, setting, etc. i've been roped into joining the drama team for sunday morning services with the adults, so if that doesn't get me out of my shell then there's no hope.

i'm ready for warmer weather and getting to use our backyard, deck, and firepit. it's just been getting snowed and rained on lately, and i'm afraid it won't be there after too long.

oh, and we just bought a GPS system for my car so i won't get lost as much. i mean, who names their roads after latitude and longitude ANYWAY??

2 comments:

  1. I share the same addiction, and my hair is way overdue for a shortening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Courtney - we really miss you guys - I especially miss you recently as Nick's job is literally taking him around the world. He just returned from two trips to Vegas and is on his way to Austria for two weeks (and he will most likely be going snowboarding!). We are supposed to visit his parents and attend a wedding the weekend of April 11, so he is flying into Wilmington from Austria on the 11th and then flying from Wilmington to New Mexico on April 14 until 17th.

    I sat in starbucks yesterday and inadvertently balled my eyes out as Nick and I talked about his travels and how much I would miss him, etc. It didn't help though that the horomones are raging (which you probably know what I mean) and I was super tired.

    However, I will be in DC next week for a class, so that will keep my time occupied and its better any way to be gone at the same time.

    Thanks for the update. Its great to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear of your struggles to find a job, but I will be praying for you! I'm learning right now to trust God with Nick as he is traveling and I'm sure you are doing the same with your job search. And you go girl with your drama ministry! That will be very fun and an even better way to get to know people! (I'm sure you're not busy enough, though, helping Tim!)

    I'm also glad that you have found companionship with Angel! Sounds like she keeps you busy and entertained! Its also great to hear that Tim is doing so well and loves it up there!!!

    Love you and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete