Friday, March 07, 2008

that heartache Jake was talking about...

as i was reading blogs of friends that reminisced about good times at JBC...i panicked.

i panicked because i wanted to hold onto those memories and never let them get too fuzzy in my mind that i can't remember details. i panicked because it's all too easy to lose touch. i panicked because a part of me wishes those 4/5 years would have just frozen where they were in time. i panicked because Indiana, California, Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky, Puerto Rico, and wherever else we've landed are already too far.

i propose a vacation. whether it's as crazy as a cruise or as simple as a cabin in the Smokies...i think we should do it. maybe it's the cabin during homecoming week, when most people come back anyway... maybe it's late july when people have vacation time...

whatever it is, i can't STAND the thought of not having my JBC friends with me for the rest of my life. i miss the days of only a few square miles of campus, 2 dorms, and one cafeteria.

life is meant to be lived together.

*deep breath*

4 comments:

  1. You know my (kind of rude) policy for my family buying me Christmas presents? Well I decided to skip that whole process for Christmas' from now on. That trip to Indiana was so much fun that it gave me a good idea. Hense forth every Christmas I'm asking for plane tickets for my present. Just fly to a different place every year for a week or so. I tell you this because I as well want some kind of annual vacation for us all. Eventually we will run out of weddings and we'll need something else to reunite us. So start plan'n sister, cuz I'm on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....yes! i agree that both your stupid gift policy needs to go and plane tickets are the best gift. we'll just have to all start asking for them! where should we go first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. can Nick and I be honorary "JBC"ers?! I would like to be on vacation with you for a week!!!!!!! - and many JBC friends are camp friends to me... :-D

    love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete