Friday, October 29, 2010

is currently reading...

I don't get to go to the library very often, since we now live outside the city limits and the PUBLIC library isn't accessible to me. *whatever* Since tim has a library card with the church, I ask politely like a little girl wanting her daddy to take her to get ice cream and we make a trip.

This is what I came back with:

I'm really excited about this one. I've been wanting some really fun, intentional family traditions to start while Isaac is young and I think we will enjoy this one. You can make or buy an ornament for each day of Advent. There are devotionals to do with your kids, songs to sing that go along with that day's theme, and devotions to do with other adults as well. As a kid, we always had an Advent wreath so it's special for me, too.

This one looks really good, too. The topic of Advent had me thinking, so I picked this up.

Before you think I'm going to get all femi-Nazi on you, it's quite the opposite. But not in a spine-less, weaker link sort of way. I first heard of this author when a friend and I attended the True Woman conference last month. One of those things that change your entire perspective.

I honestly never thought I'd be reading this, just because I never thought I'd be a mom of boys. So glad I am. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the library! I always get too many books and can never finish in time! Love the Advent one!

    ReplyDelete