Thursday, January 20, 2011

unfinished [ok, fine. never started] projects for 2011


image source

i have great ideas. i'm really lousy at following through with them. if i had more space for sewing & organizing all of my supplies, i'd do it more. if i wasn't so impatient, i could actually do a project the right way. if i wasn't someone who needed instant results, i'd be a better crafter. if this, then that. blah dee blah.

i have a whole year in front of me to, if anything, make christmas gifts for next year. i'm not kidding, it may take me that long. sometimes i do get sudden urges to craft and make a mess of things (which actually is a hard thing for me to do after spending so much time tidying up).

i'd say you can hold me accountable, but that's a joke. even still, here's what my brain is saying i will accomplish with my creative hands this year:

-reapholster the guest room headboard
-sand & paint the guest room nightstand
-finish fabric covered bulletin board
-paint wooden benches for the backyard
-attempt to sew something for myself to wear
-make a few christmas/birthday/mother's day gifts
-learn to crochet and NOT give up before three rows
-paint the bathroom (only if we sign another lease...i'm tired of fixing OTHER people's houses)
-purge & organize the house, room by room

i'll keep my list small at this point. don't hold your breath, but send creative vibes my direction!

2 comments:

  1. I'm an ADD crafting disaster. I buy all the supplies for my next great project only to come home, drop the bag in the guest room and start a totally different project.
    Also, I too have upholstering the guest room headboard and painting the bathroom on my list of projects this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can commiserate. i have about five scrapbooking projects organized and ready to start... its just a matter of starting. I also still have a sewing machine in the box from my birthday last year...

    ReplyDelete