Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Rainy Day = Library Day

I finally have access to the public library. Hallelujah! Isaac & I took a trip there today since it's raining and he is one to need out of the house or a change of scenery once a day (so am I!). He enjoyed running around and pulling books off the shelf more than anything and can spot a Baby Einstein book amongst a hundred board books! I was impressed. Needless to say, we came home with quite a haul. I learned from our last trip not to bring home books with flaps, pop ups, etc. They will be found and eaten. Repeatedly.

My picks:
1. Read It Before You Eat It (inspired read by my sister)

2. Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker (for those Zumba nights when we all eat dinner at different times)


3. Project Runway -Season 6 (for when I'd rather not read or thing, but just sit. and relive the days of the Bravo Channel)

Isaac's picks:
1. Baby Einstein's Baby Animals (he picked this one up and wouldn't let go of it so we had to check it out to avoid a tantrum)

2. Mommies Say Sssh by Patricia Polacco


What are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. We love the library, too! I always get too much and never have enough time to read or watch it all! I am reading "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkerist (sp?) She is the founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries, and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I was just reading some stuff on Proverbs 31 ministries last night--GOOD stuff!
    I'm reading Let the Nations Be Glad and then Steve and I are reading Marriage Mentoring.
    Noah & Paige love reading books about animals, Noah prefers Thomas the train books. I'm sure you wanted to know what the whole family is doing?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good picks Isaac! I LOVE Patricia Polacco books...some students in my class just did an author study project on her and her work. She is very interesting:)Cynthia Rylant books are wonderful also. I am reading The Enormous Egg (for school) and The Bad Girls of the Bible, and Lil' Shopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to the library since the week Afton was born. So sad. The Kindle app for my phone is getting a lot of use instead. Right now, I'm working on "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court." Oh yeah, and I picked up a couple sewing books from Borders. I'm slowly picking my way through them. Otherwise, it's a lot of Susan Boynton with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing what everyone is reading! I'll admit, Chelsea, that the Polacco book may have been my influence:) I've heard a lot about the Made to Crave book, Kate. I saw it on your blog as well. I, too, am an avid snacker so maybe I should give it a try. Katie, I've considered the kindle app. What I would've given for the iphone possibilities thru all those months of nursing...

    ReplyDelete