Monday, April 26, 2010

a few short notes

i'm planning a few meals this week to make at home, other than trying to eat as much salad as possible to keep up with our CSA stock of spring greens. most of these recipes are compliments of my foodie friend Katrina. she has much more time to cook these days, so i take her word for it when it comes to veggie-loving, healthy, slightly different meals.

monday - pasta & pesto, salad
tuesday - barley casserole (finally hunted down barley & tahini so i WILL make this, gosh darn it!)
wednesday - something quick since tim has church...more salad?
thursday - tofu manicotti
friday - who knows.

that's as far as i've gotten. now, if i stick to it is another story. we do have full time jobs, church activities, and a teething baby.

5 comments:

  1. teething! Already! Yikes. I am so glad that Jake didn't teeth until 7 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i think he's starting to. it's definitely feeling different in his mouth and he's chewing on everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i've never been called a foodie. i think i can be a foodie. now the pressure is on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please let me know how Tim responds to tofu. I think my Tim might leave me if he realized he was eating tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad even hates the word tofu! I used to sneak it into things I made until he got suspicious . . . no more tofu for us! However, your Granddad has a Tofu Cookbook if you'd like more recipes.

    ReplyDelete