Monday, April 05, 2010

first projects

so here are some more pictures of my "first" crafty projects. i wanted to get to know my sewing machine, so i needed a practice project. i just wanted to see what kind of stitches i liked best and whatnot, so i took a small piece of fabric and sewed a bandana for marley to wear. we usually don't put her in anything at all, but she wore a bandana that our groomer put on her for awhile, so i figured she (or tim) wouldn't mind.


confession: i have an odd fascination with squirrels, so it was a must for isaac to have a onesie to represent this slight obsession. i love how it turned out really cute and springy, especially since this is the time of year i seem to see squirrels everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. super cute onesie! I am thoroughly impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE appliques! I found a really cool book at hobby lobby called "weekend sewing". it has a bunch of simple, yet very practical/useful projects. it's a little pricey, but I'm hoping to find it used somewhere: http://www.amazon.com/Weekend-Sewing-Projects-Inspired-Stitching/dp/1584796758/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270562164&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete