Thursday, April 08, 2010

he makes all things new

tim and i(okay just tim) put together this toy chest for isaac. his little playthings are collecting in our living room so it was time to corral them all. it's so boring, just plain white, so i think i want to paint it. something with elephants on it. maybe not his name, so we can use it for the next little ones, too. it's a wood laminate, so i may have to sand before i paint it...?


this other piece was what tim used as a nightstand for 2 plus years. it's god-awful ugly right now, but i was thinking about painting it white and then putting wallpaper in a cool print on the top. kinda chic or no?

3 comments:

  1. I love the toy box, we totally need one! I think spicing it up would look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same toy chest in Eliett'es room and added some cute decals. I actually found a tree and owl that fit perfectly... I'm going to be posting about my little girl's room soon, so I'll make sure to put a good shot of the toy chest. Decals are such an easy design fix for stuff like that, and there are TONS of designs out there :)

    p.s. so happy you found my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bookshelf in this exact style that I painted for Gwennan's room. I made the spindles off white and left the shelves brown. They were supposed to be checkerboard, stripes and polka dots, but we decided to move before I totally finished her room. Even the paint job really helped the ugly shelf!

    ReplyDelete